The oldest pastry shop in Paris

In the year of grace 1725, Louis XV married Marie Leszczynska,

daughter of King Stanislas of Poland.

His pastry chef Stohrer follows her in Versailles.

Five years later, in 1730, NICOLAS STOHRER opened his bakery

at 51 rue Montorgueil in the second arrondissement of Paris.

In its kitchen, where desserts were invented for the Great Court,

king’s delights are still prepared.

 

Comments are closed.